- Virtual Race Day Details
- Twin Cities Race Registration
- Twin Cities Race Donations
- Twin Cities Friends for the Cure Fundraising
- Participant Center
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®
Breast Cancer Stories- Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all!
Rally for the Cure - Golf, tennis, dinner events and so much more...
Go Passionately Pink to help save lives! — Just wear pink, have fun and raise money to fight breast cancer. Be inspired by the multitude of ideas right here, or think of your own. There are so many creative ways to have fun and fight breast cancer.
> Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure® > About Us
About Susan G. Komen® Minnesota
The Susan G. Komen Mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
Susan G. Komen Minnesota, along with those who generously support us with their talent, time and resources, is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in our community. We join more than 100,000 breast cancer survivors and activists around the globe as part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. Through events like the Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure and the Susan G. Komen Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure we have raised more than $46 million and awarded grants to Minnesota (non-profit) institutions for breast cancer awareness, education, outreach, screening, treatment support and research. Up to 75% of net proceeds stay right here in Minnesota. A minimum of 25% of net funds support the national Susan G. Komen® Grants Program to fund research.
Komen Minnesota is helping fuel research, advocate for patients and support people facing breast cancer locally through a variety of direct patient-centered services and by collaborating with area providers to remove barriers and connect people to needed care across Minnesota. For more information, call 952-746-1760 or visit www.komenminnesota.org.
Susan G. Komen® Minnesota is a Minnesota 501(c)3 non-profit corporation; Internal Revenue Service #41-1924790; Minnesota Tax #4336115. Donations and gifts are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
About Susan G. Komen®
Susan G. Komen® is the world’s leading nonprofit breast cancer organization, working to save lives and end breast cancer forever. Komen has an unmatched, comprehensive 360-degree approach to fighting this disease across all fronts and supporting millions of people in the U.S. and in countries worldwide. We advocate for patients, drive research breakthroughs, improve access to high-quality care, offer direct patient support and empower people with trustworthy information. Born out of a promise between two sisters,Susan G. Komen remains committed to supporting those affected by breast cancer today, while tirelessly searching for tomorrow’s cures.
Breast Cancer Then and Now
Since 1982, Komen has played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer – transforming how the world talks about and treats this disease and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors. We are proud of our contribution to some real victories:
- More early detection and effective treatment – Currently, about 70 percent of women 40 and older receive regular mammograms, the single most effective screening tool to find breast cancer early. Breast cancer mortality decreased from 1989-2015 by 39 percent in the U.S. due to a combination of effective treatment and early detection.
- More research – The federal government now devotes more than $900 million each year to breast cancer research, treatment and prevention (compared to $30 million in 1982).
- Komen has touched many advances in breast cancer research, including discoveries such as tilmanocept, molecular breast imaging, ultrasound tomography and a new breast cancer predisposition gene, RECQL.
- More Survivors - Currently, there are more than 3.8 million breast cancer survivors, the largest group of cancer survivors, in the U.S.
We LIVE Here. We RACE Here. We SAVE LIVES Here!