- Race Information
- Friends for the Cure Fundraising
- Breast Cancer Survivors
- Participant Center
- I AM KOMEN®
- Photo Gallery
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Registration
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Information
- Brainerd Lakes- Teams
- Brainerd Lakes- Survivors
- Brainerd Lakes- Make a Donation
- Brainerd Lakes- 5K Race Results
- Brainerd Lakes- Volunteer
- Brainerd Lakes- Honorary Chairs
- Brainerd Lakes- Sponsors
- Brainerd Lakes- About Us
- Ginger Brauer Award
- Shop for the Cure
Breast Cancer Stories- Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all!
Rally for the Cure - Golf, tennis, dinner events and so much more...
Go Passionately Pink to help save lives! — Just wear pink, have fun and raise money to fight breast cancer. Be inspired by the multitude of ideas right here, or think of your own. There are so many creative ways to have fun and fight breast cancer.
> Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure® > About Us
About Susan G. Komen® Minnesota
The Susan G. Komen Mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
Susan G. Komen Minnesota, along with those who generously support us with their talent, time and resources, is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in our community. We join more than 100,000 breast cancer survivors and activists around the globe as part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. Through events like the Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure®, we have raised more than $46 million and awarded grants to Minnesota (non-profit) institutions for breast cancer awareness, education, outreach, screening, treatment support and research. Up to 75% of net proceeds stay right here in Minnesota. A minimum of 25% of net funds support the national Susan G. Komen® Grants Program to fund research. Join us by calling 952-746-1760 or visiting us online at www.komenminnesota.org.
Susan G. Komen® Minnesota is a Minnesota 501(c)3 non-profit corporation; Internal Revenue Service #41-1924790; Minnesota Tax #4336115. Donations and gifts are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
About Susan G. Komen®
Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breast cancer organization outside of the federal government, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Since its founding in 1982, Komen has funded more than $956 million in research and provided more than $2.1 billion in funding to screening, education, treatment and psychosocial support programs. Komen has worked in more than 60 countries worldwide. Komen was founded by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life. Visit komen.org or call 1-877 GOKOMEN. Connect with us on social at ww5.komen.org/social
Breast Cancer Then and Now
Since 1982, Komen has played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer – transforming how the world talks about and treats this disease and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors. We are proud of our contribution to some real victories:
- More early detection and effective treatment – Currently, about 70 percent of women 40 and older receive regular mammograms, the single most effective screening tool to find breast cancer early. Breast cancer mortality decreased from 1989-2014 by 38 percent in the U.S. due to a combination of effective treatment and early detection.
- More research – The federal government now devotes more than $850 million each year to breast cancer research, treatment and prevention (compared to $30 million in 1982).
More Survivors - Currently, there are more than 3.5 million breast cancer survivors, the largest group of cancer survivors, in the U.S.
Susan G. Komen
Breast Cancer Foundation
We LIVE Here. We RACE Here. We SAVE LIVES Here!