- Race Information
- Friends for the Cure Fundraising
- Breast Cancer Survivors
- Participant Center
- I AM KOMEN®
- Photo Gallery
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Registration
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Information
- Brainerd Lakes- Teams
- Brainerd Lakes- Survivors
- Brainerd Lakes- Make a Donation
- Brainerd Lakes- 5K Race Results
- Brainerd Lakes- Volunteer
- Brainerd Lakes- Honorary Chairs
- Brainerd Lakes- Sponsors
- Brainerd Lakes- About Us
- Ginger Brauer Award
- Shop for the Cure
Breast Cancer Stories- Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all!
Rally for the Cure - Golf, tennis, dinner events and so much more...
Go Passionately Pink to help save lives! — Just wear pink, have fun and raise money to fight breast cancer. Be inspired by the multitude of ideas right here, or think of your own. There are so many creative ways to have fun and fight breast cancer.
> Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure® > Komen Race for the Cure® > Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®
Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®
Register Today for the 20th Annual
Susan G. Komen Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure
on June 29, 2019!
EVENTS - The 20th Annual Susan G. Komen Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure will be on June 29th, 2019 at Pequot Lakes High School (30805 Olson St., Pequot Lakes, MN 56472)! Our longtime location at Forestview Middle School will be under construction in 2019, but we are so lucky that Pequot Lakes has welcomed us with open arms. And it’s only 20 miles north of Brainerd/Baxter. Join us on June 29th where we will gather to raise funds, bring awareness, celebrate cancer survivorship and honor those who have lost their battle to the disease. Participants may choose to run in the 5K, walk a 5K or 1K course, or just step over the finish line for the Zero K. Special races for 2-10 year olds will take place on the track. Commemorative t-shirts go to all with refreshments and Sponsor give-aways at the Expo following the run/walks, including a special tent just for survivors. If people cannot attend, they may choose the Sleep in for the Cure category instead.
- TEAMS may be formed of individuals entered in any of the events for additional competitive spirit and awards. Categories are Corporate, Community Group, and Family/Friends.
- BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS are recognized with a special pink T-shirt (gray for men) courtesy of Bank of America and have special treats just for them in the Survivor Tent on Race Day. They may also have a photo taken near the tent - either alone or with significant supporters. A group photo of all survivors is taken just before the 5K Run.
- REGISTRATION - Participants are encouraged to enter online or they may choose to download and mail an entry form. Paper forms are also available at many local businesses.
- FUNDRAISING - Friends for the Cure® are those who collect extra donations and are eligible for additional thank you premiums and prizes. People can donate online or by mail, in general, in support of a participant, and/or to honor someone touched by breast cancer.
- SPONSORS – We are greatly appreciative of our local sponsors - without their monetary and in-kind contribution support this event could not be held.
- GRANTS – 75% of net profits is granted to entities within Minnesota for breast cancer programs. At least 25% goes directly to the Susan G. Komen® Research Program for groundbreaking research.
We LIVE Here. We RACE Here. We SAVE LIVES Here!