- Race Information
- Friends for the Cure Fundraising
- Breast Cancer Survivors
- Participant Center
- I AM KOMEN®
- Photo Gallery
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Registration
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Information
- Brainerd Lakes- Teams
- Brainerd Lakes- Survivors
- Brainerd Lakes- Make a Donation
- Brainerd Lakes- 5K Race Results
- Brainerd Lakes- Volunteer
- Brainerd Lakes- Honorary Chairs
- Brainerd Lakes- Sponsors
- Brainerd Lakes- About Us
- Ginger Brauer Award
- Shop for the Cure
Breast Cancer Stories- Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all!
Rally for the Cure - Golf, tennis, dinner events and so much more...
Go Passionately Pink to help save lives! — Just wear pink, have fun and raise money to fight breast cancer. Be inspired by the multitude of ideas right here, or think of your own. There are so many creative ways to have fun and fight breast cancer.
> Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure® > Komen Race for the Cure® > Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®
Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®
Save the date for the 18th Annual
Susan G. Komen Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®,
on July 8, 2017!
EVENTS - Participants may choose to run in the 5K, walk a 5K or walk a 1 mile course with commemorative T-shirts to all, along with eligibility for door prizes. 5K Runners also receive age group awards. If they can’t participate physically or cannot attend, people may enter as a Spirit Runner and still support the event and receive a T-shirt. In addition, Kiwanis sponsors Kids for the Cure® Races on the track for 2-10 year olds at age appropriate distances with special goody bags for participants.
- TEAMS may be formed of individuals entered in any of the events for additional competitive spirit and awards. Categories are Corporate, Community Group, and Family/Friends.
- BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS are recognized with a special pink T-shirt (gray for men) courtesy of Bank of America and have special treats and drawings just for them in the Survivor Tent on Race Day. They may also have a photo taken near the tent - either alone or with significant supporters. A group photo of all survivors is taken just before the 5K Run.
- REGISTRATION - Participants are encouraged to enter online or they may choose to download and mail an entry form. Paper forms are also available at many local businesses.
- FUNDRAISING - Friends for the Cure® are those who collect extra donations and are eligible for additional thank you premiums and prizes. People can donate online or by mail, in general, in support of a participant, and/or to honor someone touched by breast cancer.
- SPONSORS – We are greatly appreciative of our local sponsors - without their monetary and in-kind contribution support this event could not be held.
- GRANTS – 75% of net profits is granted to entities within Minnesota for breast cancer programs. At least 25% goes directly to the Susan G. Komen® Award and Research Grants Program for groundbreaking research.
We LIVE Here. We RACE Here. We SAVE LIVES Here!