- Race Information
- Friends for the Cure Fundraising
- Breast Cancer Survivors
- Participant Center
- I AM KOMEN®
- Photo Gallery
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Registration
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Information
- Brainerd Lakes- Teams
- Brainerd Lakes- Survivors
- Brainerd Lakes- Make a Donation
- Brainerd Lakes- 5K Race Results
- Brainerd Lakes- Volunteer
- Brainerd Lakes- Honorary Chairs
- Brainerd Lakes- Sponsors
- Brainerd Lakes- About Us
- Ginger Brauer Award
- Shop for the Cure
Breast Cancer Stories- Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all!
Rally for the Cure - Golf, tennis, dinner events and so much more...
Go Passionately Pink to help save lives! — Just wear pink, have fun and raise money to fight breast cancer. Be inspired by the multitude of ideas right here, or think of your own. There are so many creative ways to have fun and fight breast cancer.
> Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure® > Komen Race for the Cure® > Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure® > Brainerd Lakes- Survivors
Brainerd Lakes- SurvivorsSurvivors
Our vision: A World Without Breast Cancer
We celebrate those who have triumphed over the disease, encourage those who are in the struggle, and remember those who have lost their battle.
At the Annual Race for the Cure®:
· The Survivor Tent is exclusively for Survivors, where they may receive a mini-massage, entry into special drawings, ribbons and/or beads to show for every year of survival, and special treats.
· Survivors who wish to be recognized receive a complementary pink t-shirt (grey shirt for men). All participants may choose to wear a back sign celebrating someone surviving breast cancer or in memory of those who are lost to the disease.
· An Honorary Survivor Chair is named each year. This person is someone known in the community, has actively supported the fight against breast cancer, and is an inspiration to others. She or he will be the starter for the Walks, and will be honored at the Awards Ceremony.
The annual Survivor Celebration Luncheon was held last October and helped kick off Breast Cancer Awareness month. It was held at The Woods Event Center in Merrifield, at no cost to survivors. Invitations are sent to all survivors in our local area. They are treated to a delicious meal, entertainment, an informative speaker, and many door prizes. If you or someone you know has not received an invitation in the past, please let us know. Due to HIPPA requirements, we are not allowed to receive medical information from doctors, clinics or hospitals, so survivors must contact us directly, or register for the Race for the Cure® as a Survivor.
Local Support Groups
Security State Bank, Fireside Room
Fourth Monday each month 6pm
Contact: Elaine Hill 218-927-3469
Second Friday each month at 11:30am –1:30pm
Contact: Pat Hassett 218-829-1683
Cuyuna Regional Medical Center
Ambulatory Services Conference Room
Second Tuesday each month at 3:00-4:30pm
Contact: Jill Wittrock 218-546-4319
Bosom Buddies Support Group
Lakewood Health Systems Main Campus
January, March, September, November—last Monday at 5:00pm
Contact: Karen Anderson 218-894-3658 (H) 218-839-0457 (Cell)
Barb Peterson 218-894-2627 (H)
Last Monday of the each month at 11:30am for lunch
Pine Peaks Restaurant in Crosslake
Contact: Karen Christofferson 218-692-3213