- Race Information
- Friends for the Cure Fundraising
- Breast Cancer Survivors
- Participant Center
- I AM KOMEN®
- Photo Gallery
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Registration
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Information
- Brainerd Lakes- Teams
- Brainerd Lakes- Survivors
- Brainerd Lakes- Make a Donation
- Brainerd Lakes- 5K Race Results
- Brainerd Lakes- Volunteer
- Brainerd Lakes- Honorary Chairs
- Brainerd Lakes- Sponsors
- Brainerd Lakes- About Us
- Ginger Brauer Award
- Shop for the Cure
Breast Cancer Stories- Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all!
Rally for the Cure - Golf, tennis, dinner events and so much more...
Go Passionately Pink to help save lives! — Just wear pink, have fun and raise money to fight breast cancer. Be inspired by the multitude of ideas right here, or think of your own. There are so many creative ways to have fun and fight breast cancer.
> Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure® > Komen Race for the Cure® > Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure® > Brainerd Lakes- Teams
Brainerd Lakes- Teams
Team Up for the Cure®
Teams are a vital part of the Race for the Cure comprising over half of the total participants. Five or more individuals from a family, neighborhood, group, school or business who participate in any of the events may form a team. In addition, teams can show their enthusiasm by creating a special hat, shirt, sign or distinctive costume. (see the Captain Kit below for details)
Gather your family, friends, and co-workers together and multiply your efforts by registering as part of a team!
Team members do not have to participate in the same event on Race Day. Some may want to participate in the 5K Run, then join the rest of the team for the 5K walk. Others may want to support your team from afar by registering as a Spirit Runner. Whatever event members choose, the goal is the same--to end breast cancer forever!
If you are interested in being a Team Captain and creating a team online, please Click Here.
*NEW THIS YEAR- The Team Captain will create the team AND register themselves at the same time!
Any person who wishes to be on a team but misses the team registration deadline, may still register and walk with the team. However, they must register as an individual participant and pick up their own T-shirt and Race bib. Their materials will NOT be included in the team packet picked up by the Team Captain.
Susan G. Komen® Minnesota does not endorse any team names or symbols created or selected by teams participating in the Susan G. Komen Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®. Nor does Komen Minnesota condone the use of names or symbols that may be offensive.
Download the Team Captain’s Kit below.
2017 Team Captain's Kit- Coming Soon
TEAM FUNDRAISING AWARDS will be given in the following categories to the teams with the greatest amount of fundraising dollars raised by 6:00pm on July 7th, 2017. Donations after this date are certainly welcome, but will not be counted toward the team total. Winners will be announced during the awards ceremony on Race day and recognized from the stage.
Our 2016 team award winners were:
Compassion for the Cure – friends, families, neighbors
2016 winner: Fight for the Girls
Community for the Cure – churches, clubs, support groups, sports associations
2016 winner: Heartland
Company For the Cure – businesses, hospitals, colleges, universities
2016 winner: Cuyuna Regional Medical Center- Crosby
5K TEAM RACERS
· A team may have as many runners as they wish. Their score will be determined by no more than the fastest seven to finish.
· There will be awards for the first place men’s and women’s 5K Race team, with ribbons to the fastest seven runners on each of the top three teams.
· Team scores are determined by assigning points to the top seven runners per team according to their finish order. First place = 100 points, second = 99, etc. Points of the top five are added to determine the team score. Runners six and seven serve to decrease competitor’s points.
TEAM PACKET PICK-UP
All of the team’s t-shirts, bib numbers, etc will be ready for the team captain to pick up on Friday, July 7th, 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm at Forestview Middle School.