- Race Information
- Friends for the Cure Fundraising
- Breast Cancer Survivors
- Participant Center
- I AM KOMEN®
- Photo Gallery
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Registration
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Information
- Brainerd Lakes- Teams
- Brainerd Lakes- Survivors
- Brainerd Lakes- Make a Donation
- Brainerd Lakes- 5K Race Results
- Brainerd Lakes- Volunteer
- Brainerd Lakes- Honorary Chairs
- Brainerd Lakes- Sponsors
- Brainerd Lakes- About Us
- Ginger Brauer Award
- Shop for the Cure
Breast Cancer Stories- Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all!
Rally for the Cure - Golf, tennis, dinner events and so much more...
Go Passionately Pink to help save lives! — Just wear pink, have fun and raise money to fight breast cancer. Be inspired by the multitude of ideas right here, or think of your own. There are so many creative ways to have fun and fight breast cancer.
> Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure® > Komen Race for the Cure® > Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure® > Ginger Brauer Award
Ginger Brauer Award
The Susan G. Komen Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure established the annual Breast Cancer Support Award in 2000. The first winner, Ginger Brauer, lost her battle with breast cancer in 2001 and the award was subsequently named in her honor. Ginger Brauer exemplified the selfless giving of time and energy in support of local breast cancer activities and was an active member of the Race for the Cure committee from its inception. Each year, nomintations are accepted until June 15th according to the criteria listed below. Nominations are reviewed and the winner determined by the two prior award winners. The winner is announced at the Awards Ceremony on Race Day.
Criteria for this award:
· The nominee must reside in the Brainerd Lakes area.
· The nominee must have given of his/her time and energy to help support local breast cancer programs or have made a significant influence in our community in dealing with breast cancer education, screening, treatment and/or support programs.
· Nominations are accepted from the general public.
All nominations must include the following details:
Nominator’s name, address and phone number.
Nominee’s name, address and phone number.
Detailed description of how your nominee meets the selection criteria.
Nominations must be received by June 15
Send your nominations to the following address:
Komen Brainerd Lakes
c/o E. Lanin
5866 Camp Lake Dr
Brainerd, MN 56401
OR email the information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|2019 Leslie Stetson Helland||2009 Lisa Slepica|
|2018 Marian Foehrenbacher||2008 Colleen Moser|
|2017 Sally Boos||2007 Emily Lanin|
|2016 Beth Shires||2006 Melinda Jackson|
|2015 Jessica Nybakken||2005 Debbie Sorenson|
|2014 Jeanie Thompson||2004 Gail Temple|
|2013 Claire Steen||2003 Pat Hassett|
|2012 Pat Erickson||2002 Kathy Buxton|
|2011 Patty Blom||2001 Arvilla Felten|
|2010 Kim Watson||2000 Ginger Brauer|