- Participant Center
- Friends for the Cure Fundraising
- Race Information
- I AM THE CURE.®
- Breast Cancer Survivors
- Photo Gallery
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure®
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Registration
- Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure- Information
- Brainerd Lakes- Teams
- Brainerd Lakes- Survivors
- Brainerd Lakes- Make a Donation
- Brainerd Lakes- Volunteer
- Brainerd Lakes- Honorary Chairs
- Brainerd Lakes- 5K Results
- Brainerd Lakes- Sponsors
- Brainerd Lakes- About Us
- Ginger Brauer Award
- Shop for the Cure
Who are you running for? - Join in the fight against breast cancer by running a full or half marathon through Marathon for the Cure™
Rally for the Cure - Golf, tennis, dinner events and so much more...
Go Passionately Pink to help save lives! — Just wear pink, have fun and raise money to fight breast cancer. Be inspired by the multitude of ideas right here, or think of your own. There are so many creative ways to have fun and fight breast cancer.
> Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure® > Komen Race for the Cure® > Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure® > Ginger Brauer Award
Ginger Brauer Award
The Susan G. Komen Brainerd Lakes Race for the Cure established the annual Breast Cancer Support Award in 2000. The first winner, Ginger Brauer, lost her battle with breast cancer in 2001 and the award was subsequently named in her honor. Ginger Brauer exemplified the selfless giving of time and energy in support of local breast cancer activities and was an active member of the Race for the Cure committee from its inception. Each year, nomintations are accepted until June 15th according to the criteria listed below. Nominations are reviewed and the winner determined by the two prior award winners. The winner is announced at the Awards Ceremony on Race Day.
Criteria for this award:
· The nominee must reside in the Brainerd Lakes area.
· The nominee must have given of his/her time and energy to help support local breast cancer programs or have made a significant influence in our community in dealing with breast cancer education, screening, treatment and/or support programs.
· Nominations are accepted from the general public.
All nominations must include the following details:
Nominator’s name, address and phone number.
Nominee’s name, address and phone number.
Detailed description of how your nominee meets the selection criteria.
Nominations must be received by June 15
Send your nominations to the following address:
Komen Brainerd Lakes
PO Box 1057
Brainerd, MN 56401
2012 Award Winner Pat Erickson
|2011 Patty Blom||2005 Debbie Sorensen|
|2010 Kim Watson||2004 Gail Temple|
|2009 Lisa Slepica||2003 Pat Hassett|
|2008 Colleen Moser||2002 Kathy Buxton|
|2007 Emily Lanin||2001 Arvilla Felten|
|2006 Melinda Jackson||2000 Ginger Brauer (Volunteer of the Year)|